Galway Chamber is recruiting for a Membership, Events and Communications Executive to join our executive team.
Reporting to the CEO, the Membership, Events and Communications Executive will work across a range of Galway Chamber initiatives.
Event Management – Plan, develop and manage events for Galway Chamber, which are topical and relevant to members. These include Breakfast Briefings, Lunches, Networking Events, Seminars, Conferences and Awards.
Social Media – Creating and scheduling Galway Chamber social media content across platforms.
IT & Website – Create, develop and manage content for Galway Chamber’s existing web presence. Troubleshooting any problems encountered with IT/website and liaising with support provider regarding the existing IT/website.
Communications – Managing the promotion of events and services of Galway Chamber to members as decided by the CEO. Creating and disseminating Galway Chamber’s weekly ezine to members. Creating and scheduling email campaigns for various Chamber events. Organise and implement direct mail/direct marketing promotions. Responsible for the design and printing of Galway Chamber event flyers, notices etc.
Membership – Identifying potential new members and encourage them to join the Chamber; this includes issuing membership packs and organising introductory meetings. Updating Chamber membership databases. Compiling and disseminating new Member Packs. Answering and dealing with member’s queries on a daily basis. Creating membership database reports on a regular basis.
Certificates of Origin – Assist with Galway Chamber export documentation services when necessary
Administration Support/ Office Duties – Provide general office support as required. Provide diary support to the President. Manage bookings for the conference and meeting rooms and liaise with customers regarding room requirements. Set-up for meeting rooms and front office.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification, ideally in business, event management, marketing, digital marketing or relevant discipline, with 1-2 years of work experience
- Experience in a public facing role
- Experience in marketing, communications, social media and/or event management desirable
- Strong communication and verbal and written skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work efficiently and effectively, both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to deal with multi strand situations
- The ability to build and sustain strong and trusting working relationships
This position is for 1 year and will run from September 2019
This post is located at Galway Chamber, Commerce House, Merchants Road, Galway
A 37.5 hour working week is in operation, usually worked between the hours of 9am – 5:30pm, but attendance outside of these hours are required for some evening/early morning events.
Salary depending on experience
Please email your CV to elaine @galwaychamber.com before 31 July 2019.