Galway Racecourse in association with Galway Chamber and the Galway City Business Association have launched details of the 2019 ‘Galway Races Summer Festival Shop Window Competition’ with businesses in Galway City and County invited to take part. Be in with a chance of winning tickets and an all-inclusive VIP day out for your team worth €3,000.
All you have to do is register your business in this competition then decorate your shop window in the theme of the Galway Races 150th birthday! As easy as that.
The Big Prize – 1st prize worth €3,000!
- Racecourse Admission Ticket
- Complimentary Car Parking
- Executive Guest Badge
- Champagne Reception on Arrival
- Race Card & Pen
- Racing Tipster
- Five Course Gourmet Meal
- Complimentary Wines with Meal
- Complimentary Bar (excluding Champagne) closing half an hour after the last race
- Afternoon Tea
- Tote Betting Facilities
- Reserved Table for the Day
Runners Up Prize – 20 tickets to the races!
A short list of all those entered will be issued. The top 15 businesses chosen based on their window displays will each receive 20 admission tickets for their team to enjoy a day at the Galway Races on Wednesday 31st July thetote.com Galway Plate evening.
Avril Smith, Galway City Business Association
Dave Hickey, Galway Chamber
Michael Moloney, Galway Racecourse
How To Enter
- Tuesday 4nd June – register your shop/business in our Shop Window Competition via our website galwayraces.com Once entries are received, Galway Racecourse will send each shop/business a confirmation letter and information pack.
- Monday 1nd July – shops/businesses start decorating their windows.
- Thursday 18 th July – participating shops to email two pictures of their themed windows to Galway Racecourse. This is the closing date for all entries. Email:
- Friday 19th July – the 15 finalists will be contacted and names announced on our social media platforms.
- Monday 22rd July – the winning shop/business will be contact by Galway Racecourse and their name will be promoted on our social media channels.