Chambers Ireland Weekly Digest 19 November 2018
Save the Date – AIB Women in Enterprise Masterclass – 21 November 2018
AIB will be holding another Women In Enterprise Masterclass, titled ‘Lead Yourself, Lead Your Business, Lead Others’ and will take place on Wednesday 21 November 2018, 2pm-6pm at the Clayton Hotel, Ballybrit, County Galway.
To register and for more information, click here.
Eastern & Midland Regional Assembly Invite – Regional Spatial & Economic Strategy launch events
The Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly have prepared a draft Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy (RSES) for the Region which is on public consultation from the 5th November 2018 to the 23rd January 2019.
Three events will be held in total, one for each Strategic Planning Area –
- Dublin on the 27th November at 12.15pm-2.15pm in the Axis Theatre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 9
- Midland on the 4th December at 2-4pm in the Tullamore Court Hotel, O’Moore St, Tullamore
- Eastern on the 6th December at 2-4pm in the Osprey Hotel, Devoy Quarter, Naas
The draft RSES can be accessed here: www.emra.ie
You can send your submission online via www.emra.ie/rses or by email at
Green Public Procurement November Update – Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment
The Community Reuse Network Ireland are organising three workshops in Cork, Dublin and Sligo in the coming weeks which will be of interest to those working in or with the public sector, especially in the areas of procurement and facility or building management.
Below are the links to the three events:
- Reuse in Facility Management & Procurement: Circular Economy for the Public Sector – Cork
- Reuse in Facility Management & Procurement: Circular Economy for the Public Sector – Dublin
- Reuse in Facility Management & Procurement: Circular Economy for the Public Sector – Sligo
News: EU Commission helps EU regions maximise impact of procurement (Sustainable Procurement Platform) – click here for more information.
Irish Banking Culture Board Public Consultation: Your Views Sought
We have been contacted by the Establishment Office of the Irish Banking Culture Board who are currently engaged in a process designed to shape the purpose, structure and initial ways of working of a new independent Irish Banking Culture Board (IBCB) which is set to be established by Spring 2019.
They are seeking a wide range of voices in shaping how the IBCB should work.
We would appreciate it if you could share with your members the survey from the IBCB, to give their views on how the IBCB should work.
The survey is currently open at www.yoursaybankingculture.ie and will close on Monday 10 December 2018.
Tendering Opportunities Seminar with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development will be organising a Tendering Opportunities Seminar in partnership with Enterprise Ireland, who are hosting the event at their offices.
The event will take place on 27 November 2018, 8.30am – 3.30pm at Enterprise Ireland, The Plaza, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3.
To register for this event, click here.
Environmental Protection Agency – Staff Training Course project
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are funding a new staff training course project by Waterford Institute of Technology and private firm ConsultEco regarding creating a new office ‘Green Team’.
It combines some technical learning about what actions a green team can take to green their workplace; and also some strategic learning about how the concept of a green team should be communicated to senior management.
Further information on the project can be found by clicking here.
African Ireland Entrepreneurship Forum 2018
The African Diaspora Entrepreneurship Forum will be held on Tuesday 27th November 2018 in Room 5-050 (5th Floor) at the Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), Aungier Street, Dublin 2.
Speakers will include the Dean of African Diplomatic Missions in Ireland, H. E. Richard A. Opembe as a Keynote Speaker; African Heads of Missions in Ireland; Delegations of African Entrepreneurs in Ireland; Prof Thomas Cooney of DIT and more.
All upcoming Chamber events can be viewed on the Chamber Ireland website at: http://www.chambers.ie/events/events/
Upcoming events include:
- 20 November 2018 – Cork Chamber: Cork Chamber’s Dublin Dinner 2018 in association with EY
- 20 November 2018 – FIMAN 2018 – International Cassava Fair – Brazil
- 21 November 2018 – County Carlow Chamber: PAYE Modernisation Workshop
- 22 November 2018 – Chambers Ireland Excellence in Local Government Awards 2018
- 22 November 2018 – Shannon Chamber: President’s Lunch with Keynote Speaker: Paul McGinley, Irish Professional Golfer
- 23 November 2018 – County Kildare Chamber: Kildare Business Awards 2018
- 23 November 2018 – Mullingar Chamber: Winterfest Mullingar (Ice Skating Rink & Christmas Market)
- 24 November 2018 – Drogheda & District Chamber: Drogheda Business Excellence Awards & Gala Dinner
- 27 November 2018 – County Kildare Chamber: Newbridge Business Lunch
- 28 November 2018 – 2018 Integrity at Work Conference
- 1 December 2018 – Galway Chamber: Galway Chamber Business Awards & Gala Ball in association with Shannon Group plc
- 7 December 2018 – County Carlow Chamber: Chamber Presidents Christmas Lunch
- 7 December 2018 – Drogheda & District Chamber: Christmas Networking Lunch with keynote speaker Bobby Kerr, former Chairman of Insomnia Coffee Chain
- 13 December 2018 – County Kildare Chamber: Chamber Christmas Social Evening