Accessing international markets is no longer simply an opportunity for Irish SMEs; it has become a necessity. Irish companies can no longer afford to focus solely on the domestic market. If they wish to grow, they must take steps towards trading internationally. At all levels of the European economy – local, regional, national and international – Chambers of Commerce are a key player in assisting SMEs to go international.
Galway Chamber provides support to SMEs seeking to expand through the provision of the following services: international networking opportunities, trade documentation services, international trade training, and the facilitation of trade missions.
As a member of Chambers Ireland, Galway Chamber is connected to both Eurochambres (the European Chamber of Commerce), and the World Chamber Federation. This allows us to access a number of international trade supports.
Export Documentation Service
Galway Chamber is officially authorised by the Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation and Chambers Ireland to issue and certify export documentation. The Chamber handles a wide range of documents for companies including: Certificates of Origin (EU Certs, Arab/Irish Certs), Invoices, Certificates of Analysis, Packing Slips, Certificates of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Company Reports etc.
Our International Trade specialists can guide you through the export documentation process. We provide a timely, professional and efficient service to all our exporting clients.
Arab Irish Certificates of Origin
The following countries require Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin:
EUR1 & ATR Certificates
EUR1 forms are issued by the competent Customs Authority in the exporting country, be it an EU member state or partner country. In Ireland’s case, the competent authority is the Revenue Commissioners. For certain products destined to Turkey, a special form of Movement Certificate ATR is normally used.
For EUR1 & ATR Certificates please contact:
Geata na Cathrach, Fairgreen, Galway
Geata na Cathrach, Fairgreen, Galway
For further information about Exporting Advice, please contact
Online Certification Service
It is possible to have EU certificates of Origin certified online.
Once you are registered to use the system you simply log in and enter all certificate details. Shortly after your online submission, we will apply our Chamber official stamp and signature digitally and then email you to confirm approval. You can then issue an EU Certificate of Origin right at your own printer (you will need to maintain a stock of blank certificates).
Benefits of the online system:
- Save money on couriers, post and staff time
- Save time as the risk of your document being rejected is eliminated
- Maintain records of previous shipments and documentation
- Analysis of activity on a user basis
- Order blank certificates of origin online
Purpose of Certificates of Origin
Some countries request a Certificate of Origin with imports. This document proves the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods, specified thereon. The type of Certificate required varies according to the destination of the goods, e.g. member States of the Arab League require an Arab-Irish Certificate Origin. The majority of Certificates of Origin issued by the Chamber will be for non-Arab destinations. In such cases the European Union Certificate of Origin is used.
Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin certain information is required by the Chamber:
- An Indemnity Form must be completed by the company before the Chamber can provide certification service. The undertaking of indemnification is needed with respect to information provided by the company to the Chamber. The company agrees to abide by standard rules and indemnifies the Chamber against inaccuracy of documents or misleading information. The applicant must be based in the 26 counties and be registered with the Companies Registration Office. The Indemnity Form is available to download.
- A list of authorised signatories for the company on the company’s headed paper, (with sample of signature). The signatories will be authorised to sign applications for certificates on behalf of the company: the (pink) application form of the European Certificate of Origin or the blue & green sheets of the Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin and documentation will only be accepted from those on the authorised list.
- Non-members of Galway Chamber must supply the Chamber with a banker’s reference. This must confirm that the company maintains an account with the bank.