Chambers Ireland Weekly Digest 7 January 2019
Retail Consultation Forum – Framework for Town Centre Renewal
Heather Humphreys, TD, Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation has asked for a refresh of the Framework for Town Centre Renewal to ensure it is up to date and in line with current policy initiatives.
A call has been made to review the Framework for Town Centre Renewal document and advise of any omissions/errors or suggested amendments for an updated version of the document – to access this document, click here.
Draft Regional Spatial & Economic Strategy – Call for Input
The Draft RSES is a strategic plan which identifies regional assets, opportunities and pressures and provides appropriate policy responses in the form of Regional Policy Objectives. At this strategic level it provides a framework for investment to better manage spatial planning and economic development throughout the Region.
The deadline for input for the regional strategy is Wednesday 23rd January 2019.
To provide input and for more information, click here.
Irish Rural Link – Impact of Brexit for Irish Rural Communities – Views of people in Rural Areas
Irish Rural Link, in partnership with the Department of Rural and Community Development, would like to receive the views of people living and working in rural areas on the impact of Brexit on Irish Rural Communities and how links can be maintained post-Brexit.
Please find below a link to a short survey to provide your input on this area of the impact of Brexit for Irish Rural Communities.
Department of Rural & Community Development – Call for Input for the National Volunteering Strategy
The Department of Rural & Community Development has launched a Call for Input (CFI) to inform and seek views from stakeholders on key topics under consideration to develop a National Strategy on Volunteering.
The CFI aims to:
- Inform stakeholders of the proposed volunteering strategy;
- Seek views from stakeholders on what constitutes volunteering;
- Invite comments and proposals on the CFI including additional and emerging considerations which may further inform the Strategy
The deadline for submissions is 3PM on Thursday 14 February 2019 – to make a submission and for more details, click here.
Save the Date – Upcoming Brexit Seminars – Revenue Office
The Revenue office is holding another series of seminars to engage with businesses to help identify and understand the potential customs implications of Brexit.
Please find below the links, dates & locations of the forthcoming seminars:
- Salthill Hotel, Galway – Tuesday 15 January 2019
- Carnbeg Hotel, Dundalk – Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Hibernia Suite, Dublin Castle, Dublin – Thursday 24 January 2019
- Clayton Whites Hotel, Wexford – Wednesday 30 January 2019
*UPDATED* Brexit Preparedness Notices – ‘No Deal’ Contingency Action Plans implemented in specific sectors
In December 2018 the European Commission began implementing its ‘no deal’ Contingency Action Plan, which includes 14 measures in for a specific number of area where a ‘no-deal’ scenario would create major disruption for citizens and businesses in the EU27.
This followed the European Commission ‘intensifying’ its Brexit Preparedness work for all outcomes.
Please find all information on these measures, including a Q&A overview, by clicking here.
If you have any queries, please visit the dedicated page on Brexit Preparedness on our website by clicking here.
Legislative Monitor – 5 Year Minimum Expiry Date on Gift Vouchers
Following the Irish Government Cabinet’s approval of the bill in December 2018, legislation is due to be published in the first months of this new year regarding the new 5 Year Minimum Expiry Date for Gift Vouchers.
We will review this legislation upon its publication and contact the Network in due course on the key details of the legislation.
All upcoming Chamber events can be viewed on the Chamber Ireland website at: http://www.chambers.ie/events/events/
Upcoming events include:
- 17 January 2019 – Wexford Chamber: Business After Hours with Coast Hotels & Resorts Rosslare Strand
- 22 January 2019 – Limerick Chamber: Spending Trends: Tourism, Retail & Hospitality Industry Insights & Marketing Trends
- 25 January 2019 – County Kildare Chamber: Stuart Lancaster Breakfast – “Pursuit of Excellence, Lessons from Sport”
- 7 February 2019 – Limerick Chamber: Economic Breakfast Briefing