Chambers Ireland Weekly Digest 12 November 2018
Save the Date – AIB Women in Enterprise Masterclass – 21 November 2018
AIB will be holding another Women In Enterprise Masterclass, titled ‘Lead Yourself, Lead Your Business, Lead Others’ and will take place on Wednesday 21 November 2018, 2pm-6pm at the Clayton Hotel, Ballybrit, County Galway.
To register and for more information, click here.
Free Safety Review for a Member
Peninsula and Graphite HRM on their Health & Safety Services and would like to offer Chambers a FREE SafeCheck Review for one of your members which usually costs between €355 and €475, dependent upon the size and nature of your business.
SafeCheck Review is a health check for business, identifying H&S matters that may need improvement;
- Tour of the premises
- Review pertinent H&S documentation
- Provide pragmatic advice at the time of the visit
- Following the visit a user-friendly report is produced to indicate your business’ current compliance level with a series of practical recommendations and improvements to help achieve compliance
Many business owners and directors aren’t fully aware of their legal obligations and may be leaving their businesses exposed to serious consequences, including being found personally liable themselves.
Going for Growth 11 Cycle Launch sponsored by Enterprise Ireland & KPMG
The award winning Going for Growth programme has opened its 11th cycle, aiming to support ambitious female entrepreneurs to realise their growth aspirations.
The deadline for application for this year’s Going for Growth programme is Wednesday 28 November 2018. Interested female entrepreneurs can access information and should register their interest at www.goingforgrowth.com to receive an application form.
National Competitiveness Council bulletins – Ireland’s rank in World Economic Forum & World Bank Competitiveness global rankings
The National Competitiveness Council (NCC) has shared the published bulletins from the World Economic Forum (WEF) and the World Bank, which show Ireland’s rank in Global Competitiveness and in the ease of doing business based on several criteria.
WEF International Competitiveness
- Ireland maintains its place as the 23rd most competitive country out of the total 140 ranked with a score of 75.7 (with global leader USA at 85.6)
- Ireland scored highly in the following areas:
- Macroeconomic Stability
- The biggest risks for doing business in Ireland were noted as:
- Fiscal crises
- Failure of Urban Planning
- Assets Bubble
World Bank Ease of Doing Business
- Ireland is ranked 23rd out of 190 economies in terms of the ease of doing business, a fall of 6 places from 2018
- Ireland has maintained its ‘ease of doing business’ score from last year in 9 out of 10 indicators
Invitation to attend Global Conclave of International Chambers
The ninth edition of the biennial Vibrant Gujarat Summit (VGGS), an international forum initiated by the Honourable Prime Minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi, will be held from 18th to 20th January 2019. The Honourable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi would be attending the summit for two days.
The Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI) is organising a Conclave of International Chambers on the side-lines of the Vibrant Summit.
We hereby extend an invitation to attend this Global Conclave
For further information please email or visit www.gujaratchamber.org
Board Vacancies – Board of Bord an gCon (Irish Greyhound Board)
The Board of Bord an gCon (Irish Greyhound Board) is currently recruiting for thee Board members to the Board of Bord an gCon – the skillset for the three vacancies is as follows:
- Sales & Marketing
- Sectoral knowledge & experience
The following link to the Stateboards website gives full details of the vacancies:
The closing date for applications is 22nd November 2018.
ICC World Chambers Federation’s 11th World Chambers Congress
The 2019 World Chamber Awards and Congress will take place over 12-14 June 2019 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and will feature the World Chambers Competition.
If your chamber members have an initiative that they would like to share with the chamber community, please find attached the brochure for the event, which provides the necessary information needed for submitting an application.
Department of Business, Enterprise & Innovation – Brexit Preparedness Notices
The European Commission has prepared a list of notices to help businesses prepare across various business areas and are available to view on the Commission’s website: European Commission Brexit Preparedness
If you have any queries, please visit the dedicated page on Brexit Preparedness on our website by clicking here.
All upcoming Chamber events can be viewed on the Chamber Ireland website at: http://www.chambers.ie/events/events/
Upcoming events include:
- 14 November 2018 – Cork Chamber: November Business Breakfast 2018 with Bob Savage, in association with the Irish Examiner
- 15 November 2018 – Wexford Chamber: Powering Business with ESB Networks
- 15 November 2018 – County Kildare Chamber: November Breakfast Briefing with guest speaker Tony O’Reilly Jnr, CEO & Director of Providence Resources P.l.c
- 15 November 2018 – Mullingar Chamber: Midlands Lean Network: C&D Site Visit
- 15 November 2018 – Mullingar Chamber: Mullingar Destination Development Seminar
- 16 November 2018 – County Kildare Chamber: Maynooth Business Lunch Guest Speaker, Niall Reck – Graphedia
- 16 November 2018 – Limerick Chamber: 2018 Regional Business Awards & President’s Dinner
- 20 November 2018 – Cork Chamber: Cork Chamber’s Dublin Dinner 2018 in association with EY
- 20 November 2018 – FIMAN 2018 – International Cassava Fair – Brazil
- 22 November 2018 – Chambers Ireland Excellence in Local Government Awards 2018
- 22 November 2018 – Shannon Chamber: President’s Lunch with Keynote Speaker: Paul McGinley, Irish Professional Golfer
- 23 November 2018 – County Kildare Chamber: Kildare Business Awards 2018
- 23 November 2018 – Mullingar Chamber: Winterfest Mullingar (Ice Skating Rink & Christmas Market)
- 24 November 2018 – Drogheda & District Chamber: Drogheda Business Excellence Awards & Gala Dinner
- 28 November 2018 – 2018 Integrity at Work Conference
- 1 December 2018 – Galway Chamber: Galway Chamber Business Awards & Gala Ball in association with Shannon Group plc
- 7 December 2018 – Carlow Chamber: Chamber Presidents Christmas Lunch
- 7 December 2018 – Drogheda & District Chamber: Christmas Networking Lunch with keynote speaker Bobby Kerr, former Chairman of Insomnia Coffee Chain